Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Word Dares

Time for the weekly dose of word-level creativity! Today's candidate is:

ARMAJELLO: noun
'the saggy underside of the upper arm, commonly found on ageing adults.'
Word Smith: Jeannette Page Source: 'Wanted Words 2', Jane Farrow (Ed.)

Apprentice Writer's stab at application:
"Ella wasn't a gym devotee by nature. But she chose to live in a climate which allowed sleeveless tops year-round, so the shuddering vision of future armajello guaranteed her regular dates with the hand weights."

4 comments:

Carrie Lofty said...

I'll try, coz this one's easy. "I have to start going to the Y because I have armajello." See? Easy. :)

Unknown said...

Oh I so have this. *sigh* Time to go back to the gym.

M. said...

hi, carrie and christine!

armajello is, of course, another one of those things that only women worry about, though men get it as well..

Wylie Kinson said...

Oh great. Now when I brush my hair in the mirror, I'll be thinking "ARMAJELLO ALERT!"

Great word ;)