Thursday, January 24, 2008

Page 1

One of the most unique and memory-sticking openers Apprentice Writer has ever come across:

"I write this sitting in the kitchen sink.
That is, my feet are in it; the rest of me is on the draining board...I can't say that I am really comfortable (but) I have found that sitting in a place where you have never sat before can be inspiring - I wrote my very best poem while sitting on the hen-house."

from "I Capture the Castle" by Dodie Smith

Book review to follow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Whatta way to open a book -- I love that. A definite attention-grabber!

Wylie Kinson said...

What a terrific opening. Oh, if only my imagination would achieve such originality!!

Tempest Knight said...

Catchy hook! :)

Amy Ruttan said...

LOL!! Now that is a good hook!!

I should try that ... hmmmm

M. said...

hi everyone -
the rest of the book is really good too. written by the same person who created 101 dalmatians.

M. said...

tempest - welcome to my blog! nice to meet you.