Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Austen Love


Thursday December 16th is Jane Austen's 235th birthday.

Well not exactly, but the rate at which Austen-inspired paranormal tales seem to be flying off the shelves these days, once can almost imagine it in a literal, undead sense in addition to the anniversary sense.

Whether the Gentle Reader prefers Jane in her original author persona, as a sleuth, or possibly a vampire slayer, every taste can be satisfied on Thursday.

For the classically inclined, Sourcebooks is offering free ebooks of Pride & Prejudice, Emma, Persuasion, Sense & Sensibility, Northanger Abbey and Mansfield Park for one day (Thursday, natch).

For the experimentally inclined,there are free ebooks of ten Austen variations, also on Thursday.

Because everyone can use a little more of Mr. Darcy.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Unless he's a vampire; cuz honestly, I will pass on that! :)

M. said...

Turns out there were a lot of e-glitches, anyway, so they're running the promotion a day longer.

So, not a Darcy girl, huh Rachel? I loke him, but I've never gotten what the big deal about Colin Firth's wet shirt scene is.

Rachel said...

I always thought I was quite the Darcy girl but I guess I will have to step aside for his true fans who will even take him as a vampire. :) I prefer non-pointy teeth in my gents!

Totally agree about the wet shirt scene; completely uninspiring!