Regular readers of this space will be aware that Apprentice Writer has previously mused about the currect fate of that lipsticked and stilettoed subgenre: Chicklit.
She has now recieved more official notification of the dire state it's in.
A few days ago, she wrote to Harlequin regarding their much-publicized 60th anniversary celebrations. Specifically, she noted the free ebook downloads being offered for all sort of Harlequin lines, and asked what the free ebook for the Red Dress Ink imprint (i.e. their chicklit line) was.
This is what the Harlequin powers-that-be replied:
"We regret to inform you that the Red Dress Ink series has been discontinued."
So there you have it. Straight from the horse's mouth. Though why a horse gets to be the official symbol of authentic authority, AW hasn't a clue. Perhaps it would make more sense if the horse wore lipstick.
- Action Adventure
- Alternate Reality
- Debut Author
- Ensemble Cast
- Fun Stuff
- Health Promotion
- In Real Life
- Laughter Reviews
- Laughter Reviews - Keeper
- Lightning Reviews
- Literary Fiction
- Mailbox Monday
- Mea Culpa
- Minimalist Movie Review
- Non-Laughter Reviews
- Page 1
- Reading Challenge
- Twin Reviews
- Urban Fantasy
- Women's Fiction
- Word Dares
- Writer Life
- Writing Process
- Young Adult
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (76)
- Public Service Announcement
- Twin Non-Laughter Twin Reviews: UF / PARANORMAL
- Author Interview - DIANA HOLQUIST
- Laughter Reviews #29 - KEEPER - "HOW TO TAME A M...
- Page 1 & Giveaway Announcement
- Book Blogger Appreciation Week, 2nd Edition - Day 4
- Book Blogger Appreciation Week, 2nd Edition - Day 3
- Book Blogger Appreciation Week, 2nd Edition - Day 2
- Book Blogger Appreciation Week, 2nd Edition - Day 1
- R.I.P. Challenge
- CHICKLIT M.I.A.- NOW IT'S OFFICIAL.....
- Twin Reviews: Mystery on the Light Side
- ▼ September (12)
- ► 2008 (70)